CONSTITUTION OF THE TAURANGA RETURNED
& SERVICES’ ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED
CONSTITUTION OF THE TAURANGA RETURNED AND SERVICES’ ASSOCIATION (INC)
1. The name of the Association shall be the:-
“Tauranga Returned and Services’ Association (Incorporated)” hereinafter referred to as “The Association”.
2. The Association is a Society duly Registered and Incorporated under “The Incorporated Societies Act 1908”.
3. The Association is (a) non-sectarian and (b) non-party political in that it does not, except by the submission of questions and the publication of answers thereto, influence or seek to influence the views of its members regarding any candidate for public office or any political or municipal party.
4. The Association is an affiliated member of the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services’ Association (Inc) hereinafter referred to as RNZRSA.
5. In this Constitution,
(a) the term “Returned Member” shall mean any person so defined in the First Schedule to the Rules of RNZRSA which is the First Schedule to these Rules.
(b) the term “Service Member” shall mean any person so defined in the Second Schedule to the Rules of RNZRSA which is the Second Schedule to these Rules.
(c) the term ‘Associate Member’ shall mean any person so defined in the Third Schedule to the Rules of RNZRSA which is the Third Schedule to these Rules.
(d) the term “financial member” shall mean any Returned or Service, or Associate member of the Association whose current subscription or dues are paid in accordance with these rules.
(e) the term ‘Youth Member’ shall mean any person so defined in the Fourth Schedule to the Rules of RNZRSA which is the Fourth Schedule to these Rules.
(f) the term Corporate Member shall mean any association, club, other incorporated body, or business admitted by the executive committee of a local association as a Corporate Member of that local association.
(g) the term Corporate Associate shall mean any named or listed employee of the corporate member.
(h) the term “Service Personnel ” shall mean any member of any branch of Her Majesty’s Forces.
(i) the term “Executive Committee”, shall have the meaning ascribed to it in Rule 24.
(j) the term “Sub-Committee” shall mean any such Sub-Committee duly constituted by the Executive Committee under the provisions of Rule 33(d) and (e).
(k) words denoting the masculine gender shall be deemed to include the
(l) unless inconsistent with these Rules all references to the singular shall
be deemed to include the plural and vice versa.
(m) the term Real Estate shall mean all land and buildings owned by the Association.
6. The Association is established with the express purpose of pursuing the aims and objects of RNZRSA as expressed hereunder.
The objects for which the Association is established are:-
(a) Loyally to uphold the sovereignty of New Zealand as a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and as a member of the United Nations.
(b) To foster and maintain the welfare and security of New Zealand within the concept of the establishment and maintenance of international peace with honour.
(c) To inculcate in the individual a sense of responsibility to his fellow citizens, his local community, and for the well being of mankind.
(d) To perpetuate the comradeship born of service and to promote the general well being of Service Personnel and of former Service Personnel and their respective dependants.
(e) “To promote, foster and support the charitable objects of the Association”.
(f) To pursue the resolutions of the National Council of RNZRSA.
(g) To relieve the poverty of service personnel and former service personnel, their respective dependents and the former dependents of deceased service personnel and ex-service personnel
7. For the due attainment of its objects the Association shall have the following powers:-
(a) To diffuse information on all matters affecting Service Personnel and former Service Personnel, and to print, publish, issue or circulate such